Click here for more information.
Welcome to Savannah Sewing Center ~ Colonial Quilts. We opened in 1981 at the first location on DeRenne Avenue. As we grew we moved to Eisenhower Drive and finally to Largo Drive. In outgrowing a single store front we took on the space next door and now have a 3,000 square foot store. Those 3000 square feet incorporate our on-site sewing machine Service Center, a classroom and samples designed to inspire. We strive to make your visit to our shop a wonderful experience both online and in our shop in Savannah, Georgia. We have been in business since 1981 and are the second generation to own and operate the business.
We have over 3500 bolts of fabrics~ batiks, solids, novelty and much more. We carry most fabric lines. We also carry a full line of sewing notions, rulers and those little things you won't find at a chain store, like a friendly and knowledgeable staff.
There is nothing better than a real quilt shop!
~ Sandi & Donald Lowe
Sewing Supplies High Quality Fabrics Community Classes
William & Winnie
This sweet, simple jumper or overalls is the perfect canvas for your
machine embroidery, applique, or favorite novelty fabric. Children's
Corner patterns are well known for their superior fit, tailoring, and
classic style. Make either this fully lined jumper or overalls in a few
hours. Saturday, August 23rd, 10 am - 2pm $15
Please make sure to join us August 30 for our Quilts of Valor event! This event runs from 10-4 and we will be making quilt tops for service members touched by war. Drop in whenever your schedule allows and help us thank our service members with these pieces of home.
Bernina 880 Sterling Edition Includes:
- Exquisite Faceplate Design
- “It’s a Sterling Life on Berkeley Square”, quilt and embroidery design collection created for BERNINA by Sarah Vedeler
- “It’s a Sterling Life” Embroidery Kit
- Ornamental silver plate for engraving and adhering to the machine
- Invitation to an exclusive 3-day Sterling Retreat at the BERNINA Creative Center with special guest Sarah Vedeler
- Special accessory and software offers included
- PaintWork Tool
- CutWork Tool
- CrystalWork Tool
- Rotary Punch Tool
- Rotary Punch Needle Plate
- Commemorative Holiday Ornament
Sterling Edition Quilt
- Finished size 77” x 77”
- Compatible with 7 Series or 8 Series machine using the maxi or jumbo hoop
Bernina Patchwork Foot #97D and #97:
This foot’s sole fits perfectly with the 9mm feeding system for the most accurate feeding and stitching when piecing patchwork blocks on a 9mm BERNINA Machine. Available also for the machines with Dual Feed, this foot also comes in a Dual Feed version indicated by the letter “D”.
We are always excited to see new feet come from Bernina. This foot should be available Fall 2014. Contact your local Bernina dealer to get on a waiting list for this foot.
Bernette Chicago 5
For Heirloom Creations, we found the bernette Chicago 5 will be a welcome addition to our basic line of sewing machines. With over 400 stitches and computerized features, this machine ROCKS! Want a machine with embroidery? Step up to its big sister, the bernette Chicago 7.
- 404 stitch patterns including a one step buttonhole, 100 decorative stitches and two alphabets
- 7mm stitch width
- LCD screen and direct-selection buttons
- Needle threader
- LED sewing light
- Drop-in bobbin system
New Quilting Machines
Bernina also got us excited of new commercial quilting machines and a commercial embroidery machine. Check with your local Bernina dealer for availability.
Bernina 350 Facebook Face-Off Winner Special Editions
Earlier in 2014 Bernina hosted a Facebook Face-Off where people voted for their favorite faceplate. The top two winners would have their designs on the Bernina 2015 Bernina 350 Special Edition machines. These machines will be made in limited quantities. If you are interested in purchasing one of these machines, contact your local Bernina dealer immediately to put in your order. These machines will sell out fast!
This one was designed by Ricky Tims.
This one was designed by Tula Pink.
Bernette Sew Pink
- Limited Edition PINK bernette model
- Needle threader
- 26 pre-programmed decorative and quilting stitches
- Automatic one step buttonhole
- For every machine sold, $20 is donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation